2019 BUCO Dr Evil Classic
The 2019 BUCO Dr Evil is set to take place from Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st of September. Riders will once again be treated to three days of exceptionally scenic Garden Route mountain biking with each stage starting and finishing in a unique location near Plettenberg Bay. The opening stage and registration will once again be hosted by the Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve, where big game sightings are guaranteed in the early and final kilometres of the stage. Stage 1 is the longest and arguably the most challenging of the race at 72 kilometres in length with 1 350 meters of climbing – but the views over the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains more than make up for any difficulties.
Stage 2 starts and finishes on the manicured fields of the Kurland Hotel and Polo Estate. The second day’s route is a manageable 45 kilometres in length and includes 980 meters of climbing though plantations and indigenous forests. The final stage of the race is hosted by the Cairnbrogie Farm and boasts the area’s best singletracks. Coastal and forest trails make up the bulk of the 51 kilometre route which takes in 850 meters of climbing though the Harkerville Forest section of the Garden Route National Park.
Entries to the BUCO Dr Evil Classic are open and the entry packages include dinner at registration on Wednesday the 18th of September, as well as lunches on all three race days. Supporter meal tickets can be purchased for non-riding guests too, which helps make the Dr Evil Classic a family friendly event. In 2019 entries will be limited to 350 riders and the entry fees of R4 350 for solo entries and R8 700 for teams of two apply. To enter the 2019 BUCO Dr Evil Classic please visit www.drevilclassic.com; or email Zandile at email@example.com, to avoid the online entry administration fee.
|Fast Facts: 2019 BUCO Dr Evil Classic|
|Dates:||19 – 21 September 2019|
|Location:||Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape|
|Stage 1:||Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve, 72km with 1 350m of climbing|
|Stage 2:||Kurland Hotel, 45km with 980m of climbing|
|Stage 3:||Cairnbrogie Farm, 51km with 850m of climbing|
|Entry Fees:||Solo R4 350 | Teams R8 700|
|Meals:||Breakfast and Lunch Friday to Sunday. Dinner Friday and Saturday.|
|Facebook:||Dr Evil Classic|
Photo Captions and Credits
- The 2019 BUCO Dr Evil Classic will take place from the Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st of September. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- With Stage 1 starting and finishing in the Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve wildlife sightings are guaranteed. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- The mix of plantation and indigenous forest riding makes Stage 2 exceptionally scenic. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- The BUCO Dr Evil Classic saves the best for last with a breath-taking final stage along the Cairnbrogie coastal singletracks. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- Entries to the 2019 BUCO Dr Evil Classic opened on the final day of the 2018 event and riders can secure their spot in the event by visiting drevilclassic.com or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Photo by Oakpics.com.