2019 De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience
The 2019 De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience is set to take place from the 27th to the 29th of September. Mountain bikers are encouraged to bring their families along for the adventure. The De Hoop Collection offers not only amazing food, luxury accommodation upgrades and activities throughout the weekend; but also provides the close encounter wildlife viewing for which the nature reserve has become famous. On the bike riders can gear up for days of 68, 62 and 50 kilometres in length with the terrain offering minimal meters of climbing – but the climbing there is, is not to be underestimated.
The 2019 event will also see the launch of an exciting new one day race: The De Hoop XCM. Entrants to the De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience will have the option to ride the ultra-marathon one day event, on Saturday the 28th of September, or the 62 kilometre long standard Stage 2. With the stage event focusing on rider experience and encouraging participants to slow down, take photos and enjoy the spectacular natural beauty of the area – the introduction of the one day race allows the competitive at heart to race for a day.
For more information on the 2019 De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience please visit www.dehoopvleimtb.co.za.
Photo Captions and Credits:
- The second edition of the De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience is set to take place from the 27th to the 29th of September 2019. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- The De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience offers varied riding across rocky singletrack, flowing jeep track and smooth gravel roads. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- Input from local farmers ensures the event makes use of the best trails in and around De Hoop Nature Reserve. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- For 2019 the event will also introduce a single day marathon event, known as the De Hoop XCM, which will run concurrently with Stage 2 and offer a 100km long route. Photo by Oakpics.com.
- The ethos of the De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience is to slow down and appreciate the beauty of the natural environment through which the route weaves. Photo by Oakpics.com.
|Fast Facts: 2019 De Hoop Vlei MTB Experience|
|Dates:||27-29 September 2019|
|Location:||De Hoop Nature Reserve, Western Cape|
|Stage 1:||68km with 1 260m of climbing|
|Stage 2:||62km with 710m of climbing|
|Stage 2 Option:||102km with 1 600m of climbing (De Hoop XCM)|
|Stage 3:||52km with 710m of climbing|
|Entry Fees:||Solo: R4 500 | Team: R9 000 for 2 riders|
|Spectators:||Adults: R1 437 | Children: R718|
|Meals:||Breakfast & Lunch Friday to Sunday. Dinner Friday & Saturday.|
|Entries Open:||3 November 2018|
|Facebook:||De Hoop Vlei MTB|