Albstadt Cross-country Short Track Race XCC Allyou need to know!
The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) officially introduced a regulation adding the Cross-country Short Track race (XCC) format to every round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup. The new XCC format will first come into effect in the second World Cup event of 2018 – in Albstadt, Germany, from May 18 to 20.
The new format will precede the main Cross-country Olympic (XCO) world cup format at every event and it will be “compulsory for all riders taking part”, said UCI Comissair Deon Steyn.
What you need to know:
- XCC Cross-country Short Track
- The circuit should be between 1 and 1.5 kilometers long
- Results will determine race line-up for XCO Race
- The duration, both for the ladies and for the men is given with plus / minus 25 minutes
- Top 16 Riders will qualify for XCO
- Times or performance will not be “carried over” from the XCC to the XCO
- XCC will just determine the seeding and starting order of the XCO
- Tyre width cannot be narrower than 45 millimetres
- Bike frame must be the same in both races
- The best 40 women and 40 men are allowed to participate
The course should be wide and smooth, without singletrack passages or special obstacles. The aim is to produce a fast, narrow but also tactical race in the mass start, which should be attractive for both the TV and the spectators on site.