With CrankChaos Maluti Mountain Bike Festival 2019 taking place this weekend. The level of excitement is just too real. This year’s edition of CrankChaos will not only have bigger and bolder features but it also guarantees to leave the MTB world shook, unprovoked! So bring your best and get ready for an epic four day adventure!
But first, admin…
To make the most out of your CrankChaos experience, it’s necessary that you remember to bring the following:
- Passport that is valid for at least six months after the date of your return to South Africa.
- Certified colour copies of your passport, driver’s license, ID and vehicle registration papers.
- If your vehicle is subject to a financial lease, hire purchase or loan agreement you will require a letter of authority from the financial institution giving you authority to take it across the border of Lesotho.
- If the vehicle you’re driving is not yours you will require a letter of authority in the form of an affidavit from the registered owner – the same applies for trailers.
- Bicycle, warm riding gear and spears because you know, just in case.
- Warm non-riding clothing for after the ride, money, camera, medication and toiletries.
- Your Halloween costume and bring your best riding outfits, cowbells, vuvuzelas, Noisemakers (we want to hear you cheering on your team), your best spirit (we can’t wait to see your team gees).
Back by popular demand!
Anybody who has ever been to CrankChaos knows about the party on the final night, Saturday 2 November. After a week of grueling and extreme MTB racing, most riders would be reaching for their brakes but not Cranksters. No, the only thing we’re reaching for is a Red Rock Beer and that volume button. Work hard, play hard is always our motto and the theme for this year’s final night party is the Southern Halloween Party! Bring your mullets, hats, dungarees & hot pants. Expect, good music, good people and good times all round.
Looks like Team Spirit
Those who booked an 8, 10 or 11 sleeper chalet or apartment with mates will be apart of the EPIC inter-lodge competition! The categories: The house with the best name, the house with the most GEES, the best-dressed house and the best performing house. Each house will nominate their team captains that will be responsible for their crew. Riders will bring their best riding outfit, cowbells, vuvuzelas, noisemakers. The loudest house with the best team spirit – wins!
Last but not least
Stay tuned to all the action on Facebook and Instagram @crank_chaos #CrankChaos2019 #LetsGetCranked.
- CrankChaos takes between the 31 October – 3 November 2019
- For more event and accommodation information, got to https://www.crankchaos.com
- Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CrankChaosMTB/
- Follow Afriski on https://www.facebook.com/resort.afriski/
- For more information contact Peter Peyper at peterp@afri
Afriski Mountain Resort information:
Afriski Mountain Resort is an ‘all year, all mountain’ destination in the heart of the Drakensberg- Maluti Mountains, in Lesotho. It is one of 2 ski resorts in Southern Africa and caters to every taste. It offers the perfect escape for sport and outdoor enthusiasts, corporate parties and families in summer and winter. With a selection of accommodation options, as well as a range of on-site facilities and restaurants, Afriski has all you need for the perfect mountain getaway.